Saturday, May 29, 2010

week 4 & 5


had serious computer/uploading problems. Here is week 4/5.
In week 4 (the colourful eyeball) I chose to respond to the stencil of a heart done in the previous week. I thought the use of body parts as a subject for a stencil was interesting and unusual, introducing a more abstract approach to stencil art as many are satirical and in some ways political. So I decided to do something a bit different. I also thought the flat diagram of the eye had some interesting shapes. If I was to improve this one I would probably use more realistic colours - these ones are a little bit random.

For week 5 (the face) I responded to the stencil of the girl with a tongue full of tentacles. I thought it was really quirky and cute so I decided to do one of a girl with an egg on her face. Technical errors got the better of me in this one as I cut out parts of the stencil incorrectly. I think this would look a lot better with more layers as I would have been able to include more detail in the facial features and give more definition to the egg. However, it wasn't a complete failure!

No comments:

Post a Comment